Now that the holiday season is in full-throttle, you may find yourself elbows deep in tree trimmings, gift wrap, and baking. Holiday baking is one of the many great joys of wintertime, which is even more reason to keep it stress free. Our red wine and dark chocolate truffles with peanut butter drizzle are not only a cinch, but combine three fan-favorite foods.
Red Wine and Dark Chocolate Truffles with Peanut Butter
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
½ cup red wine (we did one batch with David Hill Vineyard & Winery’s Pinot Noir and another with Oak Knoll Winery’s Cabernet Sauvignon)
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup peanut butter chips
1. Chop chocolate into fine pieces and place in a heat-safe bowl
2. Heat red wine in a sauce pot until it begins to lightly boil
3. Pour wine over chocolate and let sit for one minute
4. Stir chocolate and wine until smooth
5. Add butter and stir until melted and fully incorporated
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 24 hours
7. Remove bowl from fridge and, using a melon baller, scoop chocolate out and form into a ball with hands
8. Roll truffle in small bowl of cocoa powder
9. Place onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper
10. Repeat until all chocolate has been used.
For peanut butter drizzle:
Melt peanut butter chips and drizzle over truffles with a small spoon
Place baking sheet of truffles in freezer for 24 hours before serving.
Find the perfect red wine for your truffles while on the Sip47 wine route!