The nominations are in for our first-ever Oregon’s Washington County People’s Choice Awards, and voting is now open! Let your voice be heard and vote for your favorites by 3 p.m., Friday, May 3rd.
- Dawson Creek Park, a popular, scenic park in Hillsboro, was nominated for its proximity to the library, its fountains and 1.17 miles of walking paths and trails.
- The Friendly Vine wine shop is an eclectic, sommelier-owned wine bar and bottle shop that offers wines by the glass, tasting flights and a retail collection of fine wines from the Willamette Valley.
- Garden Vineyards is a boutique estate vineyard with beautiful views of the Tualatin Valley described as “like visiting a rich friend’s mansion and enjoying the landscaping.”
- Hagg Lake is a jewel of Oregon’s Washington County, and was nominated for being “very calm and quiet, with plenty of space to find your own private area, even during the summer months and hot days.”
- Jenkins Estate features pristine walking trails and beautiful gardens, which garnered this attraction a nomination: “Spring is my favorite time of the year when the trees and rhododendrons are in bloom.”
- McMenamins Grand Lodge is a not just a hotel, it’s a destination complete with restaurants, bars, movie theater, spa, disc golf course, live entertainment and events and more.
- Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club is one of Oregon’s premier golf courses and features stunning natural beauty, immaculate conditioning and an array of upscale amenities.
- Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks & Minerals, a unique museum filled with rocks, gems, fossils, meteorites, petrified woods, and more, was nominated for being “a world-class treasure, in the middle of the country.”
- Washington Square is a popular retail center that boasts more than 170 specialty stores, five anchor stores, and an awesome “Shopping & Dining Rewards” coupon book for out-of-area visitors.
- Cafe Mingo is a sustainable, Italian restaurant with a “nice atmosphere, good food, good service.”
- Chennai Masala, a popular Indian restaurant was nominated for its “excellent food.”
- Cornerstone Pub & Grill is a “reasonably priced and always delicious” neighborhood spot in Forest Grove.
- Cruise In Country Diner, a family-friendly diner located in a rural area of Hillsboro, is nominated for its “wonderful owners and staff. Great burgers and ‘old time’ milkshakes.”
- Decarli is committed to showcasing Oregon’s bounty of seasonal ingredients through Chef Paul Decarli’s culinary style, which draws on his Swiss-Italian-American roots.
- Hall St. Grill has been a Beaverton staple since 1976 and has been offering traditional American dishes with a distinctive Northwest flair ever since.
- Jin Wah‘s Pepper Salted Squid earned this popular Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant in Beaverton a nomination.
- Reedville Cafe, an American restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, is noted for its “great food, excellent service, good value.”
- Syun Izakaya is one of the most popular sushi/Japanese restaurants in the Greater Portland region, and can be summed up in one word: “Delicious.”
Nominations were open to visitors, residents and stakeholders from March 15, 2013 until April 21, 2013. Quotes were taken directly from the nomination ballets.